I have ran my own retail business, and delivered on retail courses in the North East that were set up to help provide a knowledgeable and skillful workforce to employers as part of a recruitment drive. Working closely with employers / training organisations was critical in ensuring high numbers progressed into work.
There is various aspects of learning for learners to cover but it would typically cover the following units although there might be slight variations in the units depending on on accreditation / non accreditation:
- Unit 1: Understanding customer service
- Unit 2: Understanding the selling process
- Unit 3: Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness the business
- Unit 4: Understand how a business maintains health and safety on its premises
- Unit 5: Understand consumer law
- Unit 6: Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints
- Unit 7: Understand the handling of customer payments
- Unit 8: Understand the control, receipt and storage of stock
Retail is selling consumer goods or services to customers through various channels of distribution to earn a profit. Retailers satisfy demand identified through a supply chain. The term “retailer” where a business / person provides small orders of a large number to individuals, who are the end-customer, rather than large orders of a small number of wholesale, corporate or government clientele.
Shopping generally refers to the act of buying products such as food and clothing; it sometimes takes place as a recreational activity. Recreational shopping often involves window shopping and browsing: it does not always result in a purchase. Due to developments in technology and the Internet customers may go shopping in the high street of towns or cities, village shops, retail parks or shop online.
I provide retail training for people who are unemployed, and looking to gain employment for organisations that have identified a need for new staff to have the relevant knowledge and skills.
I can work in collobration with training providers in delivering retail courses as part of employer routeways that includes careers advice and guidance. I am more than happy to discuss working in collaboration with new training providers.