Who am I? What are my values?
Values are important because they help us to grow and develop. Working with people who have similar values / respect our values help us create long lasting business relationships that can build a good future.
We all make decisions as individuals in the workplace and outside based on our values/beliefs and they are always directed towards a specific purpose. That purpose is the satisfaction of our individual or collective (organisational) needs.
When we use this information to make decisions, we make a deliberate choice to focus on what is important to us. When values are shared, they can build internal cohesion in a group. I want to build up business relationships with people who understand what is important to me. I want to work with those who also driven by strong beliefs.
- Honesty and Authenticity – To be recognised as someone of integrity that inspires trust. Knowing and living strong values, that challenge and stimulate others to be the best they can be.
- Creativity, Vision and Drive – To view different perspectives, create opportunities and discover new ways of generating solutions that will drive forward ideas into reality.
- Achievement – To focus on the process that delivers high performance through continuous improvement in ways of working.
- Ownership and People Development – To take responsibility for own actions & interactions, being able to use initiative to be decisive and solve problems. To continually learn & grow and to encourage & support that in other people.
- Collaboration and Diversity – To build excellent relationships and networking with others, that add value through working in partnership and also recognise & respect that people can have a different set of values, practices, traditions or beliefs due to age, race or ethnicity, religion or gender.
- Community Impact – To consider the impact I have on local communities, whether that be directly or indirectly impacting on the quality of life people can lead.